Written by UDF Party Thursday, 24 May 2012
Our Hero: Baraka Rimba Kahindi
In the recent past, our beloved country has been ravaged by floods which have destroyed our infrastructure, caused millions in loss of property and most unfortunate taken tens of lives.
Despite the unprecedented efforts by the government and rescue agencies and the Kenya Red Cross, a unique story stands out in the midst of the flood calamity. The story of our son Baraka Rimba Kahindi has touched all our hearts across the country and today as we share our vision to bring forth a new dawn in politics, we would like to honor his courage and brevity in the face of death and unprecedented desperation.
His courage is a lesson to all of us, especially given the fact that as a child of ten years, he should have been afraid, seeking shelter with the adults, instead he was the beacon of hope for the broken village.
He is our hero who rescued his family and villagers by building a makeshift raft from two old wooden house doors, which floated and become the savior for hundreds of people and property.
The young hero worked alone and tirelessly to save lives before he was joined by the Red Cross volunteers. After he rescued the people of his village, Rimba shifted to rescuing household goods and goats using the same raft.
Every good deed deserves another and our young Hero Baraka Rimba deserves all the praise we can give him and as we all know, praise alone is not enough, that is why today, we would like to pledge as UDF Party that we will do a fund-raising to ensure that his education to the highest level possible is guaranteed.
Baraka whose name means Blessing might only be a 10 year old but he has lived to the words of John F. Kennedy “Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country” So to all of us here today, what can you do for your country?
- UDF government will develop the informal sector
- I agree with UDF, KCPE is a pitiful waste of time
- The UDF Government's Strategic Plan
- General Notice to all Members
- Notice to all Members
- UDF stands for peace, unity and development for all kenyans says Mudavadi
- Speech by the deputy prime minister of the republic of kenya, hon. Musalia Mudavadi egh, mp, on the official opening of the 3rd urban reproductive health initiative annual meeting held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- If we don’t reform our politics, we can’t grow the economy in any notable way
- Our Hero: Baraka Rimba Kahindi
- Our Legislative Agenda for the coming week