UDF Party Constitution
We the members of United Democratic Forum Party,
ACKNOWLEDGE the sovereignty of the Republic of Kenya and the supremacy of the Constitution of Kenya as given by the people of Kenya:
REAFFIRM our commitment to the national values and principles of governance enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya:
RECOGNIZE that in addition to our separate responsibilities to our individual societies, we have a collective responsibility to uphold the principles of human dignity, equality and equity at all levels:
DEDICATED in the process of reconstruction and development aimed at reducing the problems of poverty, injustice, inequitable economic and social order:
DETERMINED to establish a government based on the essential values of the rule of law, security, human rights and freedoms including the freedom of assembly, association, movement, residence and social, economic and cultural interaction:
COMMITTED to build a united, democratic, peaceful and prosperous society:
RESOLVE to strengthen and respect the rule of law where all people are equal before the law therefore creating a just society where there is equal opportunity for all:
ADOPT and give to ourselves and bequeath to our future generations this constitutions.
ARTICLE 1: ESTABLISHMENT
1.1 There is hereby established a political party known as the United Democratic Forum Party (herein referred to as The Party_ as provided for by the Political Parties Act and all other relevant laws.
1.2 The party symbol shall be two hands held together like they are greeting
1.3 The party slogan shall be Unity and Prosperity
1.4 The party colours shall be green and yellow.
ARTICLE 2: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
2.1 To form the Government of the Republic of Kenya both at the National and County levels.
2.2 To work towards a just Government of the people, based on responsible leadership, public participation, equality, peace and justice for all under the law.
2.3 To protect, and uphold and defend the rights and freedoms of the people as well as the sovereignty, unity and dignity of the Republic of Kenya and its Constitution.
2.4 To promote and offer able candidates of integrity and to protect the positive aspects of the rich diversity and national integration of the people of Kenya for a strong, united and prosperous society.
2.5 To develop policies that enhance the quality of life of all and to promote sound economic and fiscal policies necessary to set Kenya on the path of financial and economic sustainability.
2.6 To promote and work for African and regional unity and fair international and regional relations.
2.7 To do all that which is incidental to, ancillary and or necessary to the attainment of the above aims and objectives.
ARTICLE 3: REGISTERED OFFICE AND BRANCH OFFICES
3.1 The registered head office of the Party shall be in Nairobi or at any other place as may be decided by the National Delegates Congress.
3.2 The party has county coordination offices and branch offices at constituency level as determined for the time being by NEC.
ARTICLE 4: MEMBERSHIP
4.1 Membership to the party shall be open to all Kenyans who subscribe to the principles, objectives, policies and programs of the party made under this constitution.
4.2 Membership application: A person who qualifies to be a member of the party may apply for membership either verbally or in writing to the party branch executive committee or directly to the national executive committee.
4.3 The branch executive committee and the national executive committee have the power to accept or decline any application.
4.4 Membership fees: Upon being admitted to membership, each member of the party shall pay such admission fees and thereafter such subscription fees as may be determined from time to time by the National Executive Council.
4.5 Each member shall be entered in a registered of members to be kept by the party.
ARTICLE 5: CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP
5.1 The party membership shall be categorized as follows:
- Founder membership
- Ordinary membership
- Life membership
- Affiliated membership
- Party Representative membership
- Honorary membership
5.2 Founder membership shall be open to individuals who in addition to paying the admission and subscription fees have contributed in cash or in kind to the initial set up of the party in its first year of existence and whose names shall have been entered in the Founder Members Registered.
5.3 Ordinary membership shall be open to individuals upon payment of the standard admission and subscription fees as determined by the National Executive Council.
5.4 Life membership shall be open to individuals upon payment of the fees liable to be paid by life members as set by the National Executive Council.
5.5 Affiliate membership shall be open to an organization or group of persons including trade unions, professional associations, cooperative societies, student unions, co-operative societies, community based organizations, and others which subscribes to the party’s policies, ideologies, principles, aims and objectives.
5.6 Party Representatives membership will be for the elected, nominated or appointed members of the party.
5.7 Honorary membership may be granted to any person who has demonstrated unwavering commitment to the policies, ideologies, principles, aims and objectives.
5.8 A member may convert from one membership to another provided that he/she has met the requisite conditions of such membership.
ARTICLE 6: RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF MEMBERS
6.1 Every member of the party has the right:
- To actively participate in party activities
- To take part in party elections and seek to be elected or appointed in any committee, organ or delegation or appointed in any committee, organ or delegation or nominated as a candidate for the party in any elections, upon undergoing prescribed leadership training and subject to the provision of the constitution.
- To educate other Kenyans and be educated on all policies and aspects of the party and to cause the party to be known by the Kenya public.
- To participate in the formulation of party policies, manifestos and guidelines by offering suggestions through any party organ.
- To receive a receipt upon payment of membership and annual subscription fees.
6.2 Every member of the party has the duty:
- To publicize the party, its policies, programmes, activities, principles and ideologies to the Kenyan public.
- To promote, protect and defend the unity of the party.
- To abide by the party constitution, rules and regulations.
- To follow and support the leadership of the party and be loyal to the party’s principles and ideals.
- To support the party financially through promptly paying any subscription fees liable to be paid as well as through making gifts, donations and participating in party fund-raising activities.
- Discharge their civic duties of registering as a voter, voting during national and county elections and if interested in leadership to avail themselves for nominations to contest for such positions on the party ticket upon undergoing prescribed leadership training.
- Support, actively campaign for the party and publicize the party’s candidates at all levels of elections, notwithstanding the loss of their preferred candidate during party nominations.
- Offer any required lawful service to the party and its candidates as and when requested.
ARTICLE 7: SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
This section refers to suspension and termination of members. Details are in the mai constitution.
ARTICLE 8: PARTY ORGANS
8.1 The main organs of the party shall be:
- The National Delegates Congress
- National Governing Council
- National Executive Council
- Party Representatives Group
- Branch Executive Council
- Party Women’s League Council
- Party Youth League Council
- National Elections Board
- Elders’ Council
The other sections of the constitution may be obtained in the full constitution of the party. These sections include details on composition and functions of various party organs and office bearers, procedures of meetings, financial management, and party discipline, and gender parity. Interested persons may access these at the party headquarters, county offices, or branch offices in all constituencies.
- UDF government will develop the informal sector
- I agree with UDF, KCPE is a pitiful waste of time
- The UDF Government's Strategic Plan
- General Notice to all Members
- Notice to all Members
- UDF stands for peace, unity and development for all kenyans says Mudavadi
- Speech by the deputy prime minister of the republic of kenya, hon. Musalia Mudavadi egh, mp, on the official opening of the 3rd urban reproductive health initiative annual meeting held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- If we don’t reform our politics, we can’t grow the economy in any notable way
- Our Hero: Baraka Rimba Kahindi
- Our Legislative Agenda for the coming week
27th Nov: UDF Team and DPM MUSALIA MUDAVADI in MT. Kenya Region for the Fourth straight day.
Today,they are at Embu Town, Manyatta Center, Kianjakoma, Kanja , Runyenjes,Karurumo,Ishiara,
Siakago and Kiritiri